April 9, 2011

Flatout Ultimate Carnage

Date played: April 8th
Platform: PC
Time played: 15 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Everything can be destroyed!
Well, my brother and I wanted to kind of chillout for a bit after some intense Soul Calibur IV fights so we played a few races of Flatout Ultimate Carnage.  This is essentially a physics-focused racing game on dirt (it seems at least).  My PC runs it pretty well so the physics are very impressive.  Pretty much everything is a movable object.  Forget immovable lamp posts and wooden fences built like a tank, everything in this game can be crashed into and destroyed.

It's a lot of fun but sometimes it feels a little too random for it's own good.  We just did a couple of races though so I don't have much to add except that I am still happy with my laptop's gaming performance 18 months after I bought it.  Oh yeah and Flatout is cheap as hell on Steam, it's worth it even if it's just to mess around with for a few hours.