April 28, 2011

Crysis 2

Date played: April 27th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Ok, I have to give a bit of context as to why I'm playing Crysis 2.  I've recently completed Portal 2 and I didn't really feel like going back to Resistance 2.  I was at the store browsing the games and I almost got Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions.  Then I looked at Killzone 3 but didn't feel like playing another super linear shooter like Call of Duty or Resistance 2.  Then it hit me.  Crysis 2 is on consoles.
Goofy looking suit, great game

The game is amazing so far.  The graphics are really spectacular (the framerate is not perfect though) and the presentation is great.  I've played about four levels I think and I'm impressed.  I'm not sure I understand the story too much but I don't care, I'm here for the action.  As crazy as this might sound, Crysis 2 actually feels a lot like Halo in a way.  It's got aliens, big jumps, open environments and vehicles.

Of course, there is also the nanosuit.  The nanosuit was a bit tough to use in the first game because you had to activate the powers individually and it was difficult to use two skills in sequence.  This is all addressed in the sequel where your powers can be activated at the touch of a button.

The shooting feels great and that's really the most important part of any first person shooter.  I can't wait to play some more.