April 13, 2011

Civilization V

Date played: April 12th
Platform: PC
Time played: 140 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Oh my God make it stop!   PLEASE NO, ENOUGH!  I'll do anything, just don't hook me on Civ again!!  I want to LIVE damnit!  *sigh*

Back off mofo
Well, it seems I've fallen into the rabbit hole of Civilization again.  I actually brought my Civ up to the 1960's now after more than two solid hours of play.  I am focusing on a culture victory but it seems like I am simply not going to make it within the time limit.  I also ran into a lot of money problems for one of the first times ever.  I think it's because I built too many buildings and had too many military units being idle.

Either way, I started by invading one of the neighbouring city states, Rio de Janeiro (sorry Brazilians...) which I why I had so many leftover units, mostly Elephants.  To add insult to injury, I eventually built Cristo Redentor in the city!  Aside from that, I've been growing steadily and have decent relationships with most leaders.  The exception to this rule is Ghengis Khan from Mongolia.  That fucker has been up in my ass the whole game, trying to expand on my territory, denouncing my actions to other leaders and just generally being an ass.

He eventually declared war on me and while I wasn't prepared, I didn't lose any cities and once production on my tanks picked up steam, I was able to push him back.  I actually used two Great Artists to culture bomb one of their cities, grabbing four tiles from them in two turns.  I destroyed all attacking units and started attacking one of Khan's smaller cities when he begged for peace by offering gold, luxury items and trade routes.

Fuck off Khan.