April 12, 2011

Ridge Racer 3D

Date played: April 11th
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 35 minutes
Session fun rating: 6/10

More Ridge Racer.  Yay.

This track is still fun after more than 15 years
Seriously though, this game is taking it's sweet time handing out faster cars, I'm still in the first speed category...  I completed a Grand Prix event, the 6th one I think and it was all pretty easy.  I got to race on some really cool tracks though, some having plenty of elevation, lengthy hills and crazy jumps.  A lot of people complained that this game is a just a big rehash of the latest RR games but since I haven't played those, the tracks all feel new to me except a few very old ones.

This is a good game to play for 15-30 minutes I think.  It's fun in short bursts but becomes boring after four or five races.