April 25, 2011

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

Date played: April 25th
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

I played a few online matches with nothing special to report.  I won some, I lost some, all is well.

The surprise of the day came at the end of my session where I played against a Juri.  Me and the other person were very evenly matched.  He won the first two (by a cunt hair) and I won the last one.  It was extremely satisfying to play against someone who doesn't spam Lite moves and is not much better or much worse than me.

Juri has this thing where she taunts the other player if she is hit while taunting, she launches a strong counter attack.  I had to abuse my teleport and long reach to even make a dent.  It doesn't seem like she has a lot of HP though so when I could throw in a few strong hits, it took out a good chunk of her health bar.  I really enjoyed playing against this person, it was refreshing to play someone with good sportsmanship.  Oh yeah, I think his name was "Dont_Spam" or something like that.  Word brother.

Purple laser eye of death
Also, Juri has a really cool Ultra move.