April 24, 2011

Pilotwings Resort

Date played: April 24th
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I popped in Pilotwings while watching hockey on TV.  It seems like I'm using my 3DS a lot for short play sessions and it's been very effective at getting to play a game quickly and still have fun without being shallow like most games on my phone or something.

Go Go Gadget Mii!
I played 6 missions in the silver tier.  I am going for three stars on all missions so far so I did have to replay a few missions before getting a good enough score.  I also tried out two cool new devices.  The jet and the squirrel suit.

The jet is just like the plane but much faster and a bit tougher to control.  The mission was pretty simple but the speed made it a bit more difficult than the rest.  The squirrel suit is fucking cool too.  The mission starts you off at very high altitude and you have to free fall to the goal.  You can gain distance by gliding and gain speed by diving.  It was actually really fun and I hope there is more of this funny contraption in future missions.

There was also a cool mission where I had to follow a car on the ground and pop balloons that were coming out of it with my little plane.  It was a nice change of pace.

By finishing the silver tier, I unlocked new things to collect in free flight and the gold tier.  Let's see if this game gets too frustrating for me to keep going for three stars on every mission!