April 4, 2011

Alpha Protocol

Date played: April 3rd
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 180 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Well, I completed Moscow and battled with some coked out dude who loves 80's American music and pop culture.  This was actually one of the better boss fights so far and while it was easy, it wasn't frustrating and it was fun to play.  The dude's name is Brayko and I had to infiltrate his mansion, grab data that would be incriminating for Halbech (the bad guys) and kill him.

Along the way, I saved Albatross, who had been taken hostage and I raided Brayko's vault which was full of goodies like weapons and armor.  Initially, it was implied that I either save Albatross or get the Halbech data but I think because I chose the "Technician" specialization, dialogue options allowed me to do both using my technical knowledge.

After fighting Brayko, he revealed that the real bad guy was actually Surkov, the diplomat I had the pleasure of negotiating with before.  I then went after Surkov, confronted him in a conversation, made an arrangement with him that would be beneficial and moved on to Rome.

Marburg, the Halbech guy who threatened me.
In Rome, I infiltrated a CIA listening post and got intel without setting off alarms or killing anyone.  Then I did another mission that was pretty standard but I forgot what it was.  The last mission I did before I stopped playing was something very different than the rest of the game.  Basically, I got a sniper rifle and I had to set the scope on a number of guests at a party and wait for my handler, Mina, to give me info on the person.  When I finally found the person I was looking for, I had to choose to let him live or take him down.  After some comments from Mina, I judged that he was not really the person I was looking for and left without incident.

The next thing that popped up in my email was an invitation by my target to meet him.  I went and when I got there, I was greeted by a Halbech representative.  They had killed the target themselves.  I made a good impression on the Halbech rep even if he asked me to leave the city, we'll see where the story goes from here.   Damn  I love this game.