April 27, 2011

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Date played: April 26th
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 35 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Gruff men and high tech weaponry, sounds like Tom Clancy
This mission was pretty interesting.  My team of Ghosts is trying to access an underground facility of some kind for some reason (I don't really care for the story in this game....)  and has to clear out the area.  This is one of the first levels where there are definite branching routes which made things a bit more interesting.

The game also introduces switches to disable enemy turrets and doors that need to have one member stand in a specific spot to open it.  These sound like minor details but it did change how I approached the mission quite a bit.

Also, most of my characters now have a secondary weapon, usually grenades.  I'm not really used to it yet so I sometimes forget I even had grenades in the first place.  I've also started to use a special ability that allows a character to act twice in one turn.  It was very useful for this mission since I often had to send out one member to a remote area so I used the ability on them so that they could get back in the action quicker.  At the end of the mission, two suspicious men ran away and blocked the entrance I was going to use to reach...whatever I'm looking for.