April 24, 2016

Ratchet & Clank

Date played: April 23rd
Platform: PS4

My brother was interested in seeing the new Ratchet & Clank game, so we played through a planet together, Rilgar. First, I had to escape some sewers, so I fought my way through hordes of slimy enemies. The flamethrower and the pulsating bombs were my main weapons, though of course, Mr. Zurkon was always around.

A few of the segments had me transferring water from one section to the next while fighting. Then, a long sequence forced me to run as fast as I could to escape the rising water in the sewers, including a good amount of underwater swimming.

I bought a couple of new weapons too. I got the infamous Groovitron, which makes enemies dance for a while, rendering them useless temporarily. It even worked against some large tanks! It's fucking hilarious to use and I just want to use it all the time because of how the enemies dance. I also got a sort of shotgun, the pixelizer, though I didn't get a chance to try that one yet.
Ratchet won the hoverboard race on Rilgar!
After I escaped the sewers, I entered the hoverboard race. I've heard people complain on the internet that this mission is too hard, but honestly, I won the three cups without much effort on my first attempt. The controls are good, there's tons of speed and the boosting system is fun to use. I'm headed to another planet now, and I can't wait to see what it looks like!