April 14, 2016

Ratchet & Clank

Date played: April 13th
Platform: PS4

I've been waiting for this game for a long time... Ratchet & Clank has always been one of my favorite series, though I've played the PS3 games more than the PS2 ones. This game is actually a full re-imagining of the first game, which I've only played a few times, and not for very long.

Ratchet, everyone's favorite Lombax, wants to become a Space Ranger and fight for justice, but Captain Quark doesn't think he has what it takes. Meanwhile, in a factory far far away, a little defective robot escapes the production lines, steals a ship and crash lands on Ratchet's home planet. The robot is found by Ratchet, who names him Clank, and they become buddies.

The game looks absolutely gorgeous on PS4, it's really stunning! There are ships flying around, animals lurking, elaborately designed buildings and wacky enemies all over the place. As our little team flew towards the planet where the Space Rangers are stationed, they get shot down by some enemies and crash land on a planet.
So pretty!
They must find someone to repair their ship and save the inhabitants from the bad guys. A good reason to blow shit up right? Ratchet is equipped with his trusty wrench and some fusion grenades. I also bought a pistol, a flame thrower and a weapon that throws a pulsating mine and deals heavy damage. I found a plumber that helped me repair the ship, killed all the enemies and made my way to the next planet.

When we reached our destination, the home of the Space Rangers, we were surprised that some enemy ships were attacking the large city. I got to fight them from my own ship in a great little flight sequence. After winning the battle, Captain Quark himself had no choice but to admit us into the Space Rangers...

The controls are spot on, the music is great and the graphics looks so fucking good... I'm really happy I bought Ratchet & Clank, I'm sure my daughter will appreciate it too.