April 7, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: April 6th
Platform: PC

I met a new Wenja, a very unique character named Urki. Urki is a happy man who has many grand ideas, most of them completely ridiculous. When I first met him, he wanted to figure out how to fly, so he had me go hunt for some items so that he could build himself a flying apparatus. I hunted for a raven, a white bird, a turtle and a bitefish, then came back with the materials I harvested from the beasts. He then hilariously tried to fly by jumping off a cliff. flapping his arms in the air...
Urki is fucking hilarious!
Later, I received another mission from him. This time, he wanted me to find some special Izila rocks for him to build stone armor that would protect him from spear attacks. I infiltrated a nearby camp, killed all the Izila and picked up the rocks for Urki. When I went back, he made himself some armor and asked me to throw a spear at him. I did, and it seemed to hurt him a whole lot. I really hope I get to see more of this guy, he's easily the funniest thing in the game. The voice actor really sells it well.

I spent some time doing side missions too. I burned down a camp, I explored a cave and gathered a few collectibles. I also took out a tribal chief in his camp. I made an effort to be less sloppy and made a great stealth approach. I was only seen by the last person alive, so that was very satisfying.

One of the cave missions was really cool. I had to rappel down a huge cliff and enter it from the side. Inside, it was filled with hungry leopards, so I fought my way through the horde and made it out alive. Now I feel like I should be heading towards the Izila fort, to the very South of the map, or maybe one of the great beast hunts, like the scar bear.