April 15, 2016

Life Is Strange

Date played: April 14th
Platform: PS4

After a lot of positive comments about this game on the Giant Bombcast, I kept an eye on it, waiting for a sale. When it came on sale a few weeks ago, I snatched it up, but didn't play it until now. Actually, I barely played it, I only went through the intro and the first room, but I like what I've played so far.

This is the story of Max, a young teenage girl who has recently started studying in a high end photography school. This is an adventure game that feels a lot like the Telltale Walking Dead games, or Tales From The Borderlands.
Max is a normal teenage girl who attends photography school
The intro had Max walk through an ominous forest, trying to reach a lighthouse while in the middle of a gigantic storm. She then woke up in her classroom, apparently daydreaming. I got to read through Max's notebook and learned that she moved away from her family to attend school, though her sister lives in the same city. She is a very reserved girl, but seems relatively balanced emotionally.

I met a few of her classmates too. There's a group of very rich kids, a catholic girl and a dude that she likes in her science class. The photography class professor seems like he will be a central character too. I'm really interested in this game, the characters seem interesting, and I know there's some crazy stuff that will happen, so I can't wait to play more of it.