April 18, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: April 18th
Platform: PS4

I met Karoosh, my faithful warrior friend, in the Northern part of the map to help him get revenge against Mog, the Udam who killed the warrior's brother. Basically, this was just a big killing mission, where I slayed dozens of Udam with Karoosh.

Next, I went to the North West and tackled the Bloodtusk Mammoth hunt, one of the legendary beasts. The area is really cool, it's filled with deep valleys and big rock formations and mountains. The Mammoth left a trail of death in it's wake, so it was easy to follow it's tracks and find it. I set it on fire, sent my tiger and peppered the giant mammal with arrows. I managed to avoid taking heavy damage by using a large rock as cover.
Takkar hunts the Bloodtusk Mammoth
Sure enough, the mammoth ran away after I damaged it enough, so I chased after it and killed it off with arrows and spears. In an emotional scene, Takkar ends the beast by stabbing it in the neck or head as the mammoth grunted with pain. That mammoth didn't mean any harm, it was just scared, but it had to be stopped...

After killing the mammoth, I spent a good amount of time exploring this new area, gathering collectibles, replenishing my material stash and discovering new locations. I also took out a bonfire and an outpost. The outpost was a lot of fun, since I decided to try a new strategy that was suggested by one of my Twitch followers. In order to get the stealth XP bonus, the person suggested that I stay far back, then use my owl to bomb the place with bees and fire bombs.

Turns out, that shit worked really well, especially since this outpost was surrounded by awesome high points, making it easy to manage my owl's bombing runs. I killed them all, I got the stealth bonus and I had fun doing it!