April 16, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: April 14th
Platform: PS4

The Izila must pay for their cruelty to the Wenja!

I took out the large Izila fort on the Southern end of the map. I really fucked up though, I got spotted early on and had to fight dozens of Izila warriors who attacked me from all sides. Plus, many of the enemies were heavies, including a boss character. This guy was very strong, had lots of health and hit hard as fuck. I sent my tiger to fight him while I hammered away at his health with arrows, spears and club hits.
The Izila fort's boss goes down
After taking all of his health, I convinced him to help the Wenja... I brought him back to our village, put him in a cage and tried to get information out of him. I learned how to build a fire bomb, which can be used to put things on fire from a distance. He also gave me info on a way to steal seeds from the Izila so that the Wenja can start farming. I had to find the seeds before the Izila did, so that was a fun new type of mission.

Takkar was now convinced that our new Izila resident could be trusted, so we built him a hut in the village. I upgraded it twice and was able to learn a bunch of new skills related to fire. I now have better resistance against fire damage, I can put my weapons on fire without using animal fat and best of all, once a weapon is set on fire, any subsequent weapons I equip will also be set on fire. What this means is that I can shoot a series of fiery arrows for free, and quickly, resulting in a rain of death and fire on my enemies!

I chose to revisit Urki next, the funny guy with crazy ideas. This time, he wanted to protect himself against bears, so he thought that he should change his odor, thinking it would protect him... I had to gather rhino dung and beehives, then send my brown bear after to attack my naive friend. Results were bad, as expected.

Finally, I spent a few minutes exploring some large hills to the South, getting a few collectibles, finding new areas and getting new spawn points. I also captured a large outpost, increasing my presence in that part of the map.