April 10, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: April 9th
Platform: PS4

The Great Scar Bear is mine!

I started with a small side mission to save a lost Wenja, but it led me straight to the start of the Great Scar Bear hunt, so I decided to do it. The bear was easier to track down than the Bloodfang Sabretooth, mostly because the area was a bit smaller and had easier terrain. Once I found the bear, it was busy killing Izila, so I let him fight with them, sent in my tiger and peppered him with arrows for a while.
The Great Scar Bear's habitat
When most of the Izila had been killed, I went in and fought the beast with my club, setting it on fire in the process. After this, I followed it into it's den and took out his remaining health with my club as my tiger backed me up. I have now tamed the Great Scar Bear, and honestly, it seems like it can be extremely useful. It's just as strong as the tiger, but it also draws enemy attacks to itself. It seems that it could be useful when attacking outposts.

The bear hunt was in a closed off area to the far East of the map. After taming the animal, I decided to clear this area. I've captured a few outposts and bonfires. I completed a couple of tribal clash missions and I gathered some collectibles. The only thing I'm not really doing anymore are the caves. They only contain collectibles and most of them have been kind of frustrating, so I don't think I'll do them unless I have to.