April 22, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: April 21st
Platform: PS4

I'm getting real close to the end here... When I look at my map, all I have left are the final missions to kill Ull and Batari and the wolf hunt. I'm only missing a few trophies too, so I'm definitely going for the platinum trophy here.

I played a few missions for both Dah, the Udam warrior who has joined the Wenja village, and Roshani, the converted Izila. The Wenja weren't happy at all that I brought Dah back to the village, so they tied him up and took him to a waterfall to drown him...

Takkar didn't agree, so I went to save Dah from my own tribespeople. He was placed on a rock in a way that he would eventually drown as the water level rose from the waterfall. The only way I could save him was to plug some holes in the rock to stop water from pouring out of them. I had to be pretty quick, but I swam around and plugged the holes, then carried Dah to safety. This was a really good scene because Takkar showed real leadership and made a good speech for the Wenja, protecting Dah in the process.

Batari
Dah is a fucked up dude though. He complained of a fire in his head, asking Takkar to dig a small hole in his skull to let the fire out... After the gruesome scene, he asked me to find some bone dust to help him dull the "fire". I went North to a Udam village, killed everyone and searched the place for bone dust. When I brought it back to Dah, he was very grateful. I upgraded his hut and got a bunch of new skills too.

I spent some time in the Southern portion of the map, clearing out all the remaining side missions that were visible. I'm getting real close to having all the skills, I'm only missing two now, and the side missions sometimes award a skill point. There was nothing too special here, I hunted some badgers, burned a camp and saved some Wenja.

Then I played a mission for Roshani where I had to interrupt a sacrificial ritual. A princess was scheduled to kill a Wenja as a sacrifice to the sun, so I ran in there, killed everyone using many takedowns and interrupted the princess.

Finally, I completed an important story mission for Tensay the shaman. My job was to steal the mask of Krati from the Izila. It was placed on a shrine inside a large Izila settlement hidden in the mountains. I slowly cleared out the area, killing dozens, until I reached the mask. When I did, Batari, the Izila leader, showed up and attempted to kill me. Takkar doesn't go down easy though, he stabbed her in the neck with an arrow and ran away from the camp. Next time I play, I will hunt the legendary wolf...