April 3, 2016

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Date played: April 2nd and 3rd
Platform: PS4

I played a bunch of side quests and territory capture with my daughter over the weekend. She loves this game apparently. Her favorite part is listening to the stories from Charles Dickens and Charles Darwin. She also likes seeing the city and observing the residents. In fact, she liked it so much, she asked me to play! She took control of Evie and spent 20 minutes running around, jumping off boats, swimming and using the grapple, it was really cool to watch.

I cleared out the Old Strand, gathering every chest, beer bottle and flower, then captured every part of the map by completing the small quests related to it. It's a really big chunk of the map, so that took a while.
We found some gold chests in this fancy building
The Darwin missions were funny, including one where we had to take down caricatures of him painted as a monkey. The Dickens ones were fun too. I investigated a haunted house where a piano was playing by itself, and a crib was rocking on it's own. It turns out, this was the work of an insane person living behind a secret door in a hidden room... In another mission, Evie was hypnotized by a scummy thief and was forced to steal money from people for him. She then proceeded to dance like a chicken as she turned herself in to the police...

I have now started to take over the last portion of the map, Westminster, and it's another large area. I intend to clear it before I do any other main missions.