April 17, 2016

Ratchet & Clank

Date played: April 16th
Platform: PS4

I played Ratchet & Clank with my daughter yesterday morning. She doesn't know the series, but I thought she would enjoy it. It's got beautiful, colorful environments, cartoon characters and funny enemies. It turns out I made a good call, she loved everything about Ratchet & Clank!

Still on the planet where the Space Rangers are stationed, Ratchet must stop a dangerous train from carrying it's giant bomb to the Space Rangers headquarters. I picked up a new gadget for Clank along the way, which allows the team to jump a little bit higher and also float down from heights. I found the train and jumped on, doing many acrobatic jumps to reach the large bomb. I detached the wagon and saved the day!
My new ship!
For their efforts, Ratchet and Clank were rewarded with an official Space Ranger outfit and ship. We deflowered the new ship by flying to a swampy planet, where we had to save a hoverboard superstar. I purchased a new weapon, my favorite of the entire series, Mr Zurkon. Mr Zurkon is a deployed weapon that automatically attacks enemies for a while. It's great because he's pretty accurate, hits hard enough and stays for a while, making him a great support weapon.

On the swampy planet, I found the hoverboarder, but he wanted me to find his publicist too. I had to fight some new enemies like sand sharks, little animals that burrow in sand. There were also some larger enemies that use flamethrowers and guns. I found a new gadget too, a hydro-displacer, which can be used to carry large amounts of water from room to room. It was used in a few puzzles, but it doesn't seem super interesting so far.

When I found the publicist, I had to defend him from a major attack. As a reward, I received my own hoverboard and can now enter some races with it on a different planet. I love this game a lot...