April 28, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: April 27th
Platform: PS4

Batari is dead.

I rode a mammoth, smashed the gates that protected the Izila homeland and explored the area for a while. I had to save some Wenja, so that they could help me assault Batari's fortress. The three locations were almost like small outposts, so I approached them the same way. My black panther and owl have been very useful as usual. After clearing the three areas and saving some Wenja, I captured a bonfire then headed towards the fortress for the final assault.

When I got there, Takkar and the Wenja had to make a huge obelisk drop to create a bridge into the final area. After the bridge was in place, I assault the Izila.  In my opinion, this was easily the coolest moment in the game. Takkar put on the mask of Krati and a fucking cool song came on, with lyrics and everything. To top it all off, the mask of Krati scared the shit out of every enemy... They fled from Takkar as I heartlessly massacred every last one of them. It was very violent, but also tons of fun and so satisfying!

After this brief sequence, I reached Batari, who grabbed me, smashed the mask of Krati and retreated to a large altar to fight me. I couldn't reach her spot, so I fought her mainly with arrows and sting bombs. She attacked with fire arrows that hit me very hard, so I had to be careful and heal often. When her health reached certain intervals, she would call the Izila to her aid, and a horde of enemies would show up to hinder my progress.

I fought them, but it was difficult, since Batari was still on my ass. My tiger even died at one point, so I called in the Scar Bear to take over. Batari never managed to kill me though, and in the end, I got close to her and stabbed her in the throat as she spewed religious non sense. I then strangled her for a bit, held her in the fire as she burned alive. That bitch won't hurt the Wenja anymore.
Fuck you, Batari!

I went back to my village and was congratulated by my fellow Wenja. Dah had a new mission to give me, where I now have to kill some Izila "sisters". Roshani wanted to contribute to the tribe now that the Izila were no longer a threat, so Takkar put him in charge of agriculture. Finally, my hunter friend, Jayma, decided that she needed to go back to the wilderness and left the village for good.