April 2, 2016

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Date played: April 1st
Platform: PS4

I played a good chunk of the story in Assassin's Creed Syndicate last night, I managed to complete sequence V and VI. My first mission was to kill Pearl, Starrick's cousin and Jacob's brief business partner. She was in a luxury train wagon, surrounded by dozens of armed guards. I sneaked around, thinning the herd of enemies and gathered intel on Pearl's train. The intel unlocked a unique kill where Jacob jumped through the windowed roof of the train and stabbed Pearl to death.

There were a few short missions after this. For example, Jacob tailed a wagon to find information on a recent slew of bank robberies around London. In another, Evie intimidated some Blighters who were forcing a guy to build omnibuses for them.

Next, Evie had to assassinate Lucy Thorne, Starrick's right hand. The woman who wears a tiny hat was hidden among Templars and guards at a large government building. I turned the guards to my side by freeing their captain, then ran straight in and killed Lucy in cold blood. Evie stole the famous key she was holding that is somehow related to finding the piece of Eden and a thing called the Shroud. I still have no idea what the Shroud is, and given the amount of non-sense in the stories of this series, I don't expect to understand much more, but it's good that Evie has it I guess.

This pissed off Starrick and sent him into a rage... He increased the Templar presence in the city, so that's bad I guess. Next, Jacob further investigated the recent bank robberies and with the help of his friend at the police station, discovered that the Bank of England's manager was actually the thief, so of course, I went out to assassinate him.
Jacob chills after killing the banker
The bank mission was one of the better missions so far. I worked my way through guards and thugs until I was deep inside the vault. Then I hid behind a beautiful painting and waited for Twopenny, the target, to approach. Jacob then leaped out of the painting from behind and killed the banker in a spectacular display of blood.

I'm at the point now where I'm going to have to clear out the remaining two areas of the map, The Strand and Westminster. These are very large areas, so I don't expect I'll be doing any main missions for a while... I also have a bunch of missions to do for people like Darwin and Dickens, along with more crimes to investigate.