March 10, 2016

XCOM 2

Date played: March 9th
Platform: PC

I played only one mission, a retaliation strike by the aliens. As usual, I had to save some civilians from the aliens. The map was actually pretty cool... Set at night in an industrial area, there were many high platforms and large gas tanks scattered around. The gas tanks are great because they cause big explosions when hit. I faced some Chryssalids, a Sectoid, and Andromedon, a couple of Mutons and a few Advent soldiers.

To make my team stronger, I've been bringing some lower level soldiers to battle, leaving my top guys at base. This is really just so they can get some exp, that way, if I have some key players injured later in the game, I won't be frustrated since I'll have competent backups.
Oliver Jackson shoots a Faceless
This means that G.I. Jane and Oliver Jackson have been getting more action. I brought out Beetle Juice for the first time too, though the psi soldiers have a different way of leveling up. I also got to use a new type of heavy armor on Samus Aran. I'm pretty sure this is the best heavy armor in the game and it looks slick as fuck.