March 8, 2016

Rocket League

Date played: March 7th
Platform: PC

I'M BATMAN.

Not really, but I have the Batmobile in Rocket League, so close enough. As a kind of promotion for the upcoming movie, the iconic detective's car has been added to the game. The car itself is highly detailed and looks really cool in game. It has a very cool boosting sound too. However, the coolest little detail is that when it gets blown up, the explosion is shaped like the Batman symbol... When I played last night, of course it was filled with dozens of Batmobiles, so that was pretty funny.

The first few matches I played were pretty bad. Honestly, I think my teammates just sucked. I think there are a few types of players in Rocket League, I'm going to try describing them here.


  • The Striker: Controls the car well. Skilled, friendly, good attitude. Roams around the net waiting for an opportunity to score.
  • The Newb: Might be new to the game, or simply isn't very good at controlling the car. Usually has decent play, but misses often. Good attitude. Scores by accident.
  • The Assassin: Controls the car perfectly. Takes pleasure in demolishing other players, ignoring the ball and the play. Kind of funny once in a while, but after one match, gets very tiresome.
  • The Goalie: Varying skill levels. Usually stays in goal and can be a pivotal player. Struggles against highly offensive teams. Can score from long range.
  • The Quarterback: Skilled, generally good attitude. Roams the field from behind the play, waiting for opportunities to center the ball or make a good pass. Also ends up with many clears and saves due to position. Can score occasionally when strikers aren't available, or from long range.
  • The Brawler: A crucial part of any team, they take care of the dirty fights in the corners, battling for position and ball control. Can score by taking advantage of confusion in melees.
  • The Cocksucker: Doesn't know how to play. Whiffs on many shots. Tries for aerials too often, and misses. Doesn't take into account the positions of their teammates. Will hit a teammate instead of turning away. Always tries to hit the ball, regardless of whether that's a good idea or not. IS ALWAYS IN THE FUCKING WAY.
So last night, I played with a few Cocksuckers and it simply isn't easy to make good plays when your teammates aren't smart with the ball. I still managed a few really good plays, but it was so much harder than when I have good teammates. 

Later on, I was plagued with lag, which was frustrating. I've made a few changes to my modem's Wifi settings and that seemed to help a lot, so I did better after this. I hope I found a permanent fix...