March 14, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: March 13th
Platform: PS4

I played some more Far Cry Primal last night and did a bunch of smaller missions and lots of exploration. I started with a mission from Sayla, my gatherer friend. She told me a Wenja friend of hers was missing after he went hunting in a cave. Inside the cave, I was attacked by a few cave lions and a couple of jaguars. Weaker predators, like jaguars and wolves tend to run away when they are hit, then come back a few seconds later to see if they can attack. When a jaguar ran away from me, I decided it was a good time to try the traps. I set the trap on the ground near the entrance to the cave, went back to exploring and sure enough, seconds later, I caught the beast in the trap.

Following that, I completed a short mission for the one-armed Wenja where I had to find 3 pieces of a totem that were stolen by the Udam. I stalked the group with my owl, who attacked them by dropping some bees on a pair of guys. This made the others run away though, so I had to chase them down with my bow and my tamed beast.

Next, I explored another cave to the south of the map where I found some collectibles. I noticed that I didn't really have a good spawn point in that direction, so I decided to capture a bonfire and an Izila camp. The bonfire was a quick capture, but the camp was a bit more challenging. It was located on a large island in the middle of a lake. There were about 8 Izila soldiers on it, so I approached silently with my panther. I actually used my bow a lot more than anything else. Head shots are a one hit kill, so as long as I didn't miss, I was still hidden. I did get noticed at the end, but I killed the remaining enemies before they could sound the alarm.
I place a wolf totem on an altar
Finally, I completed a little side mission where I had to find a totem and place it on an altar. The location was actually super cool, as it was a sort of rock plateau high above the ground. I had trouble finding the piece of the totem that was missing. After roaming around the area for a few minutes, I stumbled upon the totem piece and placed it on the altar. I wish I had more time to play this wonderful game, there's just so much to explore and find!