March 3, 2016

XCOM 2

Date played: March 2nd
Platform: PC

I only played one mission, but it was a big one! I took down another Avatar Project facility, halting the project's progress by 2 notches. It had to be done, the meter was getting dangerously high again... The mission was very straight forward, but there were many powerful enemies to take out. I've been taking advantage of my new EXO suits with two of my soldiers, which adds some armor for them, but more importantly, it also adds a rocket attack.

I fought some Advent soldiers, automated turrets, Archons, a couple of Gatekeepers and even an Andromedon. The Andromedon is a weird enemy, since it's basically a little alien piloting a large robotic suit. The trick is that once the organic creature is killed, the suit continues to fight, making it an enemy that is difficult to handle.
A dead Andromedon is still very dangerous
I fought hard and had to use every trick at my disposal to kill the aliens and destroy the facility, but I made it out alive. Most of my crew was injured though, so the next mission might be a little tougher. I'm starting to be more comfortable with my ressources, since there's less need now to purchase equipment and rooms, so I bought a few upgrades from the black market and upgraded one of my power cores.