March 24, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: March 23rd
Platform: PS4

I spent some time in the Northern parts of Oros, gathering collectibles and finding side missions. I stumbled upon my first leopard, so I jumped on the occasion to tame it. It's pretty powerful, though not as strong as my tiger. It's special skill tags animals around me, so the leopard seems like a good hunting companion. I also fought a couple of mammoths up there and I can now definitely say that there are two sizes. The bigger ones are real motherfuckers that have lots of health, hit like fucking trucks and charge at me at high speeds. I managed to kill one, but I was killed by the second.
BEAR FIGHT!
After a bit more exploration, I found a new bonfire, but this one was setup inside a large mountain side, deep inside a cave. I approached silently and killed many Udam while in stealth, but I was eventually seen and my silent approach turned the place into a bloody neck-stabbing frency of death. It was fun.

Next, I explored a large cave to the North-West. Oddly enough, this place was actually more like a puzzle room, with hidden paths, ice stalactites that blocked the way and could be broken, and grappling puzzles. It was a lot of fun to explore, but I think I might be missing an important skill. At the bottom of the cavern, there were many areas filled with poisonous gas. At this point, I have no way of clearing that stuff, so I think I have to come back later.

I've upgraded a hut, and can now build the double bow, which sounds like a lot of fun for hunting larger animals like mammoths and cave bears. I'm still missing a few materials though. I then spent some time collecting bracelets and other collectibles. At the same time, I was having some fun with my Twitch viewers. One guy seemed like he really liked it when I put stuff on fire... I jokingly agreed with him that it was fun, but only when it's safe. Another dude wanted me to kill crocodiles and use my badger... so I did.

Finally. I completed a village mission where I had to save a Wenja from waves of attacking Udam. I used traps successfully to protect the different areas of attack, which worked rather well. Unfortunately, I shot my Wenja friend in the face with an arrow by accident, so I had to start over, but it was a lot of fun!