March 30, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: March 29th
Platform: PS4

Takkar got revenge on the Bloodfang Sabretooth that attacked his hunting party in the first mission of the game. The beast hunt was a really cool mission... In the South-West corner of the map, there was a small, narrow road that led to a large open area. It had piqued my interest early on, but I never went until this beast hunt mission showed up.

After a long and grueling climb through the cliffs that led there, I had to track down the elusive Bloodfang tiger by following it's trail with hunter vision. This was a lot longer than I expected, and it led to me explore most of the area. There were many Udam to fight along the way and I took advantage of that to get a few combat related trophies, like a long shot with the bow, kills with the shards and kills while riding a beast.
My new friend, the Bloodfang Sabretooth
As I got closer to finding the elusive tiger, following trails of blood and dead bodies, I discovered that I could set up large traps for the hunt. I put up as many as I could, then finally found the tiger. I dealt some heavy damage to it with my club, traps and fire, then it ran away to hide in it's den. I chased it for a while then entered the cave. When I fought it again, it had been stuck in another trap, and my own beast was fighting it. Oddly, it didn't attack me and seemed kind of stuck in it's animation for a while, letting me knock it out rather quickly. I then tamed it and got out of the cave with a brand new friend!

It's very powerful. It's got 5 stars for both strength and speed, and a decent stealth score as well, so I think it's going to be my main beast until the end of the game. I continued exploring the area, capturing a bonfire, gathering collectibles and completing a bunch of side missions.