March 24, 2016

Rocket League

Date played: March 23rd
Platform: PS4

I was solid again last night, though I didn't play all that long. I had a few lag problems on PS4 again, though a modem reboot seems to do the trick every time. I made myself a sick looking car, the Ripper with some dark colors and white accents, a shuriken stabbed into it's roof, the burnout rockets and the Sweet Tooth antenna. In a few of my earlier matches, my team mates weren't spectacular, so I struggled, but still managed to play well, made many saves and a good amount of goals.
I shoot and score!
In one particular play, I defended against the opponent's attack with a nice bicycle kick save, than ran into the ball backwards to push it against our corner. I then turned around and pushed the ball forward on the side of the field, avoiding two opponents in the process. Finally, I juggled the ball slightly at high speeds to jam it past the goalie and straight into the net. It was a very satisfying play because honestly, I was alone against the 3 opponents on that one, my team was completely useless in this match.

In some of the later matches, I was teamed up with a guy named Schuebacca. We had excellent chemistry together. He was either setting me up for a goal or picking up my passes to score himself throughout the whole time we played together. I love it when I find a teammate like this, it's very satisfying and fun!