March 17, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: March 16th
Platform: PS4

I spent some time completing a bunch of side missions and exploring the world of Oros. I started with a short and sweet mission where I had to kill a Udam leader who was hiding in a cave. I killed his cohorts outside the cave without being seen. Then I killed a single guy in the cave with the bow, but his buddy heard me, so he came out. As he walked towards my direction, I sent my panther to kill him silently. I then shot the leader in the head with an arrow.
Exploring this huge cave and killing it's Udam inhabitants was so much fun!
Next, I spent a lot of time with a side mission that sent me exploring a cave in the mountains to the north. This was actually much longer and more involved than I expected. The cave was filled with Udam warriors, so I sneaked around and killed most of them without being seen, moving from room to room slowly. The bee bomb has been more and more useful lately, as I use it like I would a grenade in other games. It's almost always a guaranteed kill if I aim well, so when shit gets a bit heavy, I throw one out.

I then explored the north a little bit and captured a bonfire to facilitate travel. I also killed a mammoth, which isn't easy normally, but this one had been weakened by combat earlier I think because I took it out with a few arrows and my tiger. The attention to detail in this game is really cool. For example, when exploring the snowy mountains, my sabre-tooth tiger's fur became gradually whiter, as snow settled into it.

After the bonfire and a bit of exploration, I headed far south to explore and complete a couple of missions. With the materials I picked up there, I was able to upgrade my spear again, so that was cool. As I explored and ran around finding campfires, bracelets, and Izila mask, collectible hands and hunting, I was ambushed by another sabre-tooth tiger. I wasn't ready at all, and I fought poorly, so I died...

I finally completed one mission where I had to burn down a few beehives. In the same area, I fought and killed many woolly rhinos and a bear. I even found my first rare rhino, a majestic white creature. I almost felt bad. Almost. But, you know, loot. Loot is more important than feelings.