March 16, 2016

Rocket League

Date played: March 15th
Platform: PC

I think I must have been too tired for this game last night... I didn't play nearly as well as I usually do. I was still fast, but my aim was a bit off and I wasn't as quick to recover when I missed a shot. I still did ok, scoring a few goals and snagging a few MVP's, but I wasn't my usual self. I played against good teams though and in many matches, it felt like both teams were fighting like crazy just to get the ball in the opposing team's zone.
I thread the needle and score a beauty!
There was one play I am particularly proud of though. The ball fell somewhere in the middle of our zone. At high speeds, I pushed it to the middle of the field, just past the center line. Two opponents were coming, one from their goal, the other retreating from attack. In a stroke of genius, with a little bit of luck and some skillful maneuvering, I picked up my own pass, swerved sharply and shot the ball through the two defenders. Describing plays for this game is really hard, since it's the insane speed that makes everything work so well, but let me tell you, that was one of my best solo plays.