March 23, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: March 22nd
Platform: PS4

Before completing a real mission, I headed to a small campfire to have a safe spawn point in the Eastern end of the map. Along the way, I hunted a few beasts, including a few tall elks, which allowed me to upgrade my guts bag. I can now carry more meat, bait and animal fat. I then captured a nearby bonfire to expand my territory. I managed to stay in stealth the whole time, using my owl, my black panther, my bow and a takedown or two.

I then made my way towards the shaman's quest, but encountered some dangerous animals along the way, including a group of mammoths. I needed some mammoth skin to upgrade some stuff, so I attacked them. The bow is very powerful against these guys, since I can fire arrows rapidly while my beast keeps them busy. I think there are different sized mammoths though, since the ones I fought here were a lot easier to kill than those I met previously.

The shaman gave me a mission to save some Wenja who had been kidnapped by the Iliza. After following the Wenja's tracks through a narrow river, I approached a bridge, high in front of me, near a tall waterfall when I saw her. I saw the Izila leader, a fierce woman named Batari. Still hiding in the river, I witnessed her savage methods as she tortured a warrior by sticking a blade in his chest. She seemed to take great pleasure in his wails of pain...

The bridge was an entrance to a large Izila base, and that's where I found my fellow Wenja who had been captured. My objective was to save them and destroy the base. Using mainly my bow, I stayed in stealth as much as possible and killed most of the guards. Then I liberated my friends and burned the base to the ground. As I made my escape though, I was intercepted by none other than Batari herself. Her character was very well presented in the cut-scene... She appears somewhat charismatic and quite intelligent, however, these traits only serve to hide her savage barbaric nature.
Batari
After a short conversation where Batari tried to recruit me into her clan, she threw me into a large pit in the middle of the base. It felt like the fucking Thunderdome... I escaped the pit by swimming through a submerged tunnel hidden at the bottom of the pit, then returned to my village.

I went to visit the shaman, who had a new mission for me, a vision of fire. This was intended to show Takkar the Izila's weakness. Now, what I'm gonna say is going to sound crazy, but I shit you not, this actually happened. Takkar was given a bow made of fire that shoots fireballs and sends down fiery meteorites to hit enemies... On top of that, after five kills with it, it can shoot three of these crazy arrows at once. Finally, to take the crazy meter up another notch, my objective was to destroy the moon with my arrows. I DESTROYED THE MOON WITH FIERY METEORITE ARROWS! It was fucking awesome.