March 13, 2016

Skylanders Swap Force

Date played: March 13th
Platform: PS4

We finally finished Skylanders Swap Force!

It took us almost 2 years of playing on and off, and we've had some great times with this game together. From the first time we played, we've loved the swapping of character's bodies and heads. She even played this one with me a few times. It's helped her learn how to use a joystick, and how to jump on platforms.

All we had left in the game was the final battle against Kaos. We had just imprisoned his mother, so he went to a volcano to imbue it with dark energy so that when it erupted, all of Skylands would turn to the "dark side". His plan fucked up though, and instead, it turned him into a Super Kaos! I battled his giant form using Drobot, our favorite, Whirlwind, my daughter's favorite, and finally, Ninja Stealth Elf.
Super Kaos!
The battle itself was pretty cool. In the first phase, I had to target Kaos' toes as it stomped around, trying to kill me. In the second phase, he put me in his mouth and I had to target his teeth while fighting off smaller enemies. The third phase was spent inside his mind (!), where I had to battle a bunch of minions. Finally, in the last phase, I had to run away from his laser breath as I raced for a nearby canon and jumped over gaps in the ground.

I liked Skylanders Swap Force, and the newest in game in the series, Skylanders Superchargers, looks like a lot of fun too, so we might pick it up someday when it's cheap.