March 22, 2016

Rocket League

I score a sick aerial goal from midfield
Date played: March 21st
Platform: PC

If there's one thing that's always true about Rocket League, it's that it always puts a smile on my face, no matter how the rest of my day went. Last night, I was glad I had this amazing game to relieve some stress and have fun with strangers.

I ran into a couple of guys I had played with before, I just remembered their names and icons. It's kind of fun to see some people again, and I've been enjoying chatting with people between goals and at the end of matches. In a few matches, I played against a guy named Traxx. He was skilled, but wasn't one of those insane people that control the car better than anyone else on the field. He was good because of smart play, a little bit like me.

This guy had a good "Rocket League Sense". He read the ball well, read where the other players were and was always in a good spot to make it hard for us to score, or defend our own goal. After the first match with him, I knew I had to keep and eye on him. I almost ignored the other players and focused on him, since he was so dangerous. I managed to neutralize him well and we won 1-0, a tight match, but one I felt really good about.

Throughout the evening, I had solid play. I got a hat trick or two, got some MVP's and a few solid saves. I didn't run into too many assholes either, most people played well and played smart, so that's always more fun.