March 7, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: March 6th
Platform: PS4

I played a lot of Far Cry Primal last night. I started with a few side missions where I hunted some animals or helped rescue some Wenja. Along the way, I gathered many materials and encountered a few new animals. I tamed a rare black dhole, then a jaguar, a cave lion, a rare black cave lion and even a black panther!

The black panther is actually really useful because it can attack unaware enemies in stealth. I captured a few campfires and enemy camps. The black panther was my main weapon in those sections. I surveyed with the owl, tagged enemies, then sent my panther to kill the isolated bad guys. It's incredibly satisfying to command the stealthy feline!

With the map a bit more under my control, I headed towards one of the story missions. I had to find an experienced Wenja huntress named Jayma and convince her to join our tribe's settlement. When I got to her location, she scared Takkar by throwing a couple of spears in his direction, but intentionally missing. She told me I was a loud hunter and nicknamed me "Mammoth-Feet". To prove my worth, she tasked me with tracking and killing a bear.
This nice lady calls me Mammoth-Feet...
I followed the bear's tracks through some unexplored parts of the map and discovered even more new animals including badgers, tapirs, monkeys and yaks. I continued tracking the bear, following it's tracks, and found new materials too. This led to some significant upgrades to both my bow and my spear. Finally, I found the bear, killed it, skinned it and proved my worth to Jayma, who joined our village. She gave me access to new skills and now has a hut in the village.

I continued exploring for a while, gathering materials and hunting, when I ran into a fearsome saber-tooth tiger... Thankfully, I had learned how to tame them, so I tracked the beast for a while, then baited it with some meat and made him mine to control. This thing is so fucking strong, it's amazing. It's very fast and able to catch up to most enemies and animals. It's also a great fighter, turning bears to mush and slicing up cave lions like they were butter. I feel very powerful with this new beast at my side...

Finally, I decided to find another special villager, a craftsman. This guy will give me access to a grapple, which should increase my mobility around the world quite a bit. I found his hut, but when I entered, he pushed me into a pit, then pissed on me! The motherfucker literally pissed on me! And he was laughing the whole time too... Asshole. I found a hole under a carpet of leaves, so I burned it away and am ready to prepare my escape. I absolutely love Far Cry Primal and I can't wait to play more of it.