March 29, 2016

Far Cry Primal

Date played: March 28th
Platform: PS4

I completed several small side missions last night. I started at the North-East, where I completed a tribal clash mission, killing some Udam and burning their camp. I then saved some Wenja from the Udam. I kind of explored a lot in the process, gathering materials and fighting animals. I upgraded some of my stuff too, though I'm pretty close to having everything upgraded now.

Continuing East, I completed a main story mission where I had to hunt a rare tall elk for my hunter lady, the one who calls me Mammoth Feet. It was kind of a race between Takkar and the Udam since both were hunting the elk. It was easy to kill a couple of Udam, then leave them behind to chase the elk.
The Wenja hunter tells Takkar about the legendary beasts of Oros
When I got back to my village, I picked up a couple of village missions, then spoke to the hunter. She told me that to truly be a beast master, I had to take on the most dangerous beasts in Oros. There are some white wolves, a bear, a mammoth and finally, a sabre-tooth tiger, the one who killed my original hunting party! I can't wait to do these missions!

One of the village missions had me following a group of Wenja... singers? I don't know, this group of 4 Wenja was travelling through Oros in the middle of the night, stopping to sing ritual songs at different spots. I had to protect them from the dangers or the land, which included a wolf pack attack, some Udam and other animals. I've figured out how to use traps correctly. They are not useful very often, but when there is a mission where enemies will converge into one spot, I place the traps on the ground near choke points. It works rather well honestly.

Finally, some Udam had been robbing a Wenja grave site, my job was to hunt the robbers down and recover the stolen items. It was a fun, simple mission.