July 24, 2011

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

Naruto has striking visuals
Date played: July 23rd
Platform: Xbox 360
Time played: 15 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

I turned on my Xbox for the first time in a long while to check out Bastion and while I was cleaning up the hard drive I found this demo that I had downloaded but never tried.  I don't know anything about Naruto but I still had fun.  This is 3D fighting game, similar to things like Power Stone or Dissidia.  I played through the demo which is two fights against the same guy.

It's a simple fighting system but it incorporates elements of boss battle design and quick time events.  If there's one thing that struck me about this game, it's how amazing it looks.  The game looks better than many anime shows or movies and it animates better than most.  I wouldn't buy it but it was still enjoyable.