July 25, 2011

Killzone 3

Date played: July 24th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 85 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I'm very satisfied with Killzone 3 so far.  The only complaint I have is that there are a few too many rail sequences but outside of that, it's a great fucking shooter.  I went through the part that was in the demo which was pretty easy since I knew what to expect.  I also disguised myself and Rico as Helghast, went through one of their factories and saved Narville right in the bad guy's face.  Then we fought our way through the complex.  There was a crazy energy weapon that makes people explode from the inside involved and I must say that it was pretty fucking awesome.  Blood and guts, you know.

Everyone loves jetpacks.  Right?
The last part I played was a driving sequence that honestly kind of sucked.  I was driving some sort of cool ice breaking vehicle while shooting down enemy ice breaking thingies and dropships.  It seems like this game won't be very long and I kind of like that, gives me more time to play other good games.

Oh yeah, there was a jetpack also which was one of the cooler jetpacks I've played with in a video game.