July 12, 2011

Magic The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers

Date played: July 11th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10


I've unlocked all the cards in the White deck cards and completed the campaign.  I got a nice silver trophy out of it!  The campaign wasn't anything really special and it's a lot more fun to play online.  I didn't realize that I could unlock cards by playing online.  If I had known this, I would have skipped the campaign and played online only.
Ajani is so cool... too bad he has a deck with mixed colors

I then went online to play but it's been tough finding matches.  I wanted to try a three or four player match but I couldn't find a lobby and even when I created a lobby, I could only muster one person to join me.  I did manage to find some two player matches and I won about as much as I lost.  In one of the games, I had an amazing war of attrition against another White player where we started with 20 lives each and at one point, I had 63 lives and he had 55.  I then managed to take him down with some enchanted flying creatures and having three life generating artifacts on the table.  In the end, I had about 38 lives when I won.  So fucking epic.