July 20, 2011

Killzone 3

Date played: July 19th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 25 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Engineer seems to fit my play style so far
I played some multiplayer Killzone 3 today and I enjoyed myself.  I only played two matches but it gave me a good idea of what to expect from this aspect of the game.  The first match was Team Deathmatch with small teams, about 3 on each side.  It was a map with a lot of snow which reduced visibility quite a bit.  I was using the engineer class because it was the only one with an LMG, my weapon class of choice in all first person shooters.  I did pretty well for a low level noob, getting something like 5-8.

The next map was way more interesting.  It was a much larger level and there were many more players, probably at least six on each side.  There were turrets all over the place (including mine that I had just unlocked!), flying sentry drones, invisible players, armored players and even a few snipers.  I did decent again at about 6-10 but I know I can do better.  

The game is really interesting in multiplayer and I can't wait to try out some objective modes.