July 21, 2011

Dirt 3

Date played: July 20th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 110 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through a good amount of events in the third season including almost every event type in the game.  I've noticed that the events are longer and longer as I progress through the career, I like it.  Rally X is four races now, Rally is at least three stages and Head 2 Head is three races.  I made an amazing recovery in Rally X with a Subaru Impreza WRX STI.

On another note, I spent some money on some overpriced DLC, specifically, the Mud and Guts car pack, the Power and Glory car pack and the Monte Carlo track pack.  The car packs are 5.99$ each for five cars each and the track pack is 9.99$ for eight tracks.  The problem with that stuff is that the cars are stuck in specific event types so if I always play Rally X in split screen for example, I'm never going to see more than two of those ten new cars.

Monte Carlo features very narrow tracks and tight corners
It's fine though, I love this game and I wanted more cars to play with and more events to play in and it will probably stop me from spending money on the CoD map packs.  The Monte Carlo track I played on was pretty cool actually, featuring really tight corners and narrow roads.  I also tried out the Lancia Delta in a Rally event but I didn't like it that much, it felt like it was too easy to over steer with it.  I hope the other cars I spent money on are better.