July 10, 2011

Dirt 3

Date played: July 9th and 10th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 140 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I did a bunch of Dirt Tour races today.  Stadium buggies, Rally Cross, Trailblazer, regular ass Rally and even two Gymkhana events.  I am not having any problems winning the Gymkhana events but I'm not going to break any records anytime soon.

I don't really like the stadium buggies this time around, I find that their handling is a little bit too loose compared to Dirt 2.  As you can see here, Stadium Buggies are not very stable.  I also did a Trailblazer event where I pushed a Tacoma a little too hard and it resulted in thisthis and this amazing little piece of risky racing

Kenya is my favorite track location
Also, this is clearly one of the best looking games on consoles.  When I ran that Kenya race at night with the big floodlights lighting the way and the sexy moon lighting what's left, I had a sense of awe at the great feel of the graphics and the attention to detail.  I fucking love this series.