July 15, 2011

Darksiders

The Ashlands
Date played: July 15th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I haven't played this game in a long time so it took me a few minutes to re-learn the controls but I got back into it pretty quickly.  The last time I played, I stopped when I was approaching a new area, Ashlands.  The first thing I encountered was a giant, ugly sand worm that ate me on multiple occasions when trying to cross a patch of desert.

I had forgotten about the time stopping mechanic hence why I was getting gobbled up by the worm repeatedly.  Once I remembered how to stop time, it was smooth sailing.  I killed some baddies, climbed some towers and blew up some barriers.  There were a couple of puzzles with the time mechanic which were pretty cool honestly.