May 30, 2011

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Date played: May 30th
Deal
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 45 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played two missions of Ghost Recon since I sucked so bad at Call of Duty.  The first mission was really cool because it was set in an airport.  I had to rescue hostages, disable alarms and shoot lots of bad guys!  The mission was fun because I decided to split my team up into three mini squads.  It was risky but it paid off.

The second mission was a defense mission.  A large number of troops was attacking my position and I just had to hold out.  I only had four ghosts so I went with my gunner, engineer, healer and assault.  It actually went better than expected since I positioned my gunner and turret at a spot where enemies would get shot at by both if they attacked any of my units.  This is easily the deepest game on 3DS right now and almost makes the whole machine worth it, even if it could have been done on lesser hardware.