May 3, 2011

Halo Reach

My lady Spartan.
Date played: May 2nd
Platform: Xbox 360
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 3/10

Sometimes I hate this game.  I had the itch to play an online shooter again today and since PSN is down, I couldn't just play a few rounds of Black Ops.  No, I had to settle for Halo Reach.  Now don't get me wrong, I usually love playing Halo but there are some significant problems here.

For one, the first two matches I played were Elite Slayer.  While this might be enjoyable to some players, to me, the Elite weapons are simply not as much fun to use.  The only ones I really enjoy is the plasma pistol (amazing!) and the gun that launches a bunch of plasma grenades.  The needle rifle is ok but it always seems to take longer to kill someone with it than with the DMR.  The Needler is cool but runs out of ammo too quickly.  Also, playing on big maps without Warthogs just feels wrong.

After that, I played one match of Territories on Hemorrhage which was actually kind of fun.  We lost horribly because my team did not seem to understand that we need more than one person to take a capture point when it's being guarded by a Warthog and a sniper.

I want to love this game but I often end up not enjoying myself.  Come on PSN, get back up.