May 7, 2011

Crysis 2

Date played: May 6th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 240 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a shit load of Crysis 2 today, I must have played through half the game or something.  I got really hooked as soon as I reached Grand Central Station where I fought another Pinger, the giant robotic alien badasses.  I also went to Times Square which looked amazing.  I basically had to go and blow up a building to block the alien's from shooting artillery at a civilian evacuation zone.  I also fought another Pinger here.

Grand Central Station gets destroyed.
Then I jumped off a flying plane to go and rescue Hargreave, the shady looking guy who was helping me on Roosevelt island.  I had to infiltrate a giant compound full of human soldiers who wanted to kill me.  At one point, there was a cool cut-scene where my character, Alcatraz, grabs a dude by the throat and throws him out a window in slow motion.  Needless to say, it was cool.

It turns out that Hargreave was tricking me the whole time.  He wanted to get me out of the suit to put it on himself.  I discovered that he had been frozen years ago to preserve his body and now wanted the suit to revive himself and destroy the Ceph.  I got out of there though.

Now I'm heading to Central Park in what feels like the end of the game.  Some dude told me that the authorities were planning on nuking the town to avoid further casualties outside NYC so I have one last chance to fix things.  I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do but it doesn't really matter, it's fun as hell.