May 5, 2011

Halo Reach

Date played: May 4th
Platform: Xbox 360
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 3/10

You know, I love Halo but I hate playing with strangers.  People are selfish and don't communicate when playing this game.  I played three matches, the first being 4v4 capture the flag on Hemorrhage that was actually pretty fun but only two of us were even trying to get the flag.  The others were messing around with snipers and just killing dudes instead of defending or capturing.

Assault is the best game mode
The next match was even worse.  It was territories and the other team made a rush for the sniper rifle in our base every single time.  They basically boxed us in while they were capturing flags or they would just farm kills.  I can't blame them really, they won easily.  However, I can blame my team for refusing to get in a warthog or do any kind of teamwork at all.

The last match was a lot of fun as it was neutral assault on a small map (I forget it's name).  Our team wasn't talking but we were definitely cooperating.  I think the smaller maps really help encourage team play.  I kind of wish the playlists were built a little differently.  For example, if I could, I would play only capture the flag and assault but I can't do that right now.  Also, I wish I had some friends playing this game but everyone plays CoD now.