May 9, 2011

Crysis 2

Date played: May 8th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 75 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

That's Central Park up there in the air!
I went through a bit more traversal and some basic areas filled with enemies.  There was nothing special really.  Then I actually reached Central Park.  It turns out, the whole damn park was lifted up a kilometer in the air by some giant Ceph tentacles and shit.

I started going through the park (I was dropped in by a helicopter) and it really feels like it's the end of the game.  The game is shoving all the toughest enemies at me at once in large open environments.  Now though, I know how to deal with anything they toss at me.  I find stealth to be very valuable to thin out the grunts before taking on the tougher guys.

I've also been using different weapons.  There's a three round burst rifle that is strong and accurate.  The SCAR's and Scarab's are just not cutting it anymore.  There is also a nice weapon that shoots microwaves and fries the Ceph from the inside out.  It looks cool, works well and even gives out a PSN trophy!