May 13, 2011

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Pretty boring so far
Date played: May 11th
Platform: PC
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating:  2/10

This is not the game I was expecting.  It seems antiquated and cheaply made.  I'm not even sure what the game is about yet but I can forgive that usually.  This is a first person horror game (I think) and I only played thirty minutes but I was really impressed.  While the graphics were great and it was pretty creepy, it was just boring as hell.

The mechanics seem to be based on exploration, items and limited ressources.  The only ressource I found so far was tinder and oil, both used to create light sources.  When the character is in the dark, he starts going insane and has hallucinations.  Maybe I need to play more but I have better things to do with my time.  It simply wasn't exciting or interesting.