May 15, 2011

Soul Calibur IV

Date played: May 14th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

My favorite character, Astaroth
I played Soul Calibur IV with two of my brothers for a little while.  This game is always lots of fun when playing with people.  I have never played any parts of the singe player game actually.

Again, one of my bros and I had the same fight we always do, Nightmare VS Astaroth.  We are pretty close in terms of skill level so we traded wins constantly.  Winner keeps playing, loser passes the controller to the next player.  We also played a few matches with other characters like Lizardman, Cervantes and Cassandra.  We even did a few rounds of random characters.  I got Ivy and she is a little tough to play.

There is a lot more depth to this game if I were to take the time to learn but I think that my skill level is great for playing with people on the couch.  I don't want to get too good and scare players away right?