May 13, 2011

F.E.A.R 2

Date played: May 12th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 25 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

I got this through Goozex and while I am not expecting much, I truly enjoyed the first FEAR on PC when it came out in 2005.  I now realize that 2005 was quite different than it is now in the FPS genre.  Modern Warfare, Crysis and Resistance didn't even exist!

Creepy little bitch
FEAR 2 is newer but is still two years old at this point.  It feels old after playing Crysis 2 but it is still doing interesting things in the first mission.  It actually takes place during the last few minutes of the first game where a separate team of soldiers try to rescue a lady called Genevieve.  The aiming feels fine but not as smooth or easy to use as Crysis 2 or the Call of Duty games.  The graphics are decent but pretty standard looking at this point.

I shot some men through windows, furniture and doors.  It's pretty standard fare for an FPS so far.  The only thing that really pissed me off is that iron sights are set to L2 and firing is set to R2.  I cannot change this, I hate this, it bugs me every time I shoot a guy.  There are also cool hallucination segments where Alma, the scary little poster girl for the series, appears and fucks with my character's mind.  While it's not a great game so far, it is enjoyable and I plan on playing some more.