May 11, 2011

Crazy Taxi 2

Mimes need transportation too!
Date played: May 10th
Platform: Dreamcast
Time played: 10 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

I was just chilling in my basement waiting for something to print (my printer is in the basement) and felt like playing a Dreamcast game for some reason.  I popped in Crazy Taxi 2 and just played two timed events.  I haven't actually played this game too often so I don't really know the map like I do for Crazy Taxi 1.

This game is still fun, still looks good and still plays well.  That's kind of amazing for an 11 year old system.  I wasn't very good but since this is an arcade game, it doesn't really matter.  It's weird too, this game has a jump button.  For a car.  Not to mention I picked up four mimes who did backflips and shit as they gave me tips.

The Dreamcast died prematurely.  It was a good system that could have easily competed with Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube if given the chance. Also, I love that controller.